Home

Friday, July 3, 2009

Just Another Perfect Day In Africa...

warning: i am kinda going out of order here. i still have lots more to write about. but for today i just felt like writing about our second to last day in africa. i know...i should go in order. but hey, its my blog...right? and plus...i am going to make this into a book for myself one day...and then i will put the posts in order. 

p.s. again, i stole these pictures from a friend. 
~~~~~~~~
You know those days that you just wish would never end?? You wish you could just freeze the moment right there. You see pictures from that day and would give anything to just jump back to that day? You know what I am talking about? Thats how our last Saturday in Africa was.

 It was kinda a "free" day. We all decided that we would spend the day in the village with the boys. We had spent the last week there almost every day...but during that time we were so so so busy building the kitchen and planting trees that we had hardly any time to just "hang" with the boys. It was kinda a bitter sweet day. This was our last day with the boys. But we enjoyed the moment and have amazing memories of that day. 

It was a beautiful Saturday. The boys were all home waiting for us when we came. We brought ice cream for them! They were all so excited. The offered us bites of their ice cream...how could you deny it when they hold out their spoon and flash their beautiful smile at you. :) We told them that it was their special day and the ice cream was for them!! 

Now I'll just let the pictures do the talking....
It was a beautiful day...
and I'd do anything to go back to that wonderful Saturday. 

We gave all the boys ties to wear to church. They were SO proud. 
Sweet Abdul with his ice cream...
 I think I have mentioned this before...but Kennie did not like to smile! So we had to do everything in our might to make him smile. :) And he eventually would. 

Abdul and Sam...
I'd do anything to jump into this picture right now. I will forever cherish this picture. I am going to frame it soon...

They gave us a special treat before we left. Jack fruit!! It was very interesting...we all decided that it tasted like a mix of grape and banana. And had a very weird after taste. hmmmm...i can't say if i liked it or not.  


I found it very emotional to ride down that dirt road that lead out of the village for the last time. And it was pouring. Which didn't help with the mood we were all in. 

2 comments:

  1. Lexie, this is such a beautiful blog!...very well put together. I always enjoy visiting and looking at all of your beautiful photos from your trip. It blesses me to see young people with such servants hearts! God will surely bless you for your willingness to serve and follow His direction in your life! You are truly a vessel He has worked through to reach these beautiful people! <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if I would of been able to keep from crying if it was raining when I was leaving the Bible camp I worked at last summer (It was in Northern Canada and the campers were 99% First Nations.) Man I love those kids. Are you planning on going back to Uganda next year?

    ReplyDelete